Dr. Neil Bergman
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Melbourne University
- F.R.A.C.S (Orthopaedics),
- F.A. Orth.A.,
Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon:
Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre
Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia.
Warringal Private Hospital
Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia
Tutor in Orthopaedics:
University of Melbourne
August 1989- Current.
Supervisor, Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Surgery, Austin Repatriation Medical Centre,
July 1998- Current.
Medical Director, Warringal Private Hospital
Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, Warringal Private Hospital.
Chairman, Committee of MAC Chairs, Victoria, Affinity Health.
Member, National Medical Advisory Committee, Affinity Health.
Senior Medical Staff appointments at several private and rehabilitation hospitals in Melbourne.
Current Research Interests
- Ceramic Bearings in hip arthroplasty- 5 years
- Hydroxyapatite coatings in THA- 10 years
- Use of allograft bone and BMP7 in revision THA
- Regional bone banking
- Computer aided navigation in knee and hip arthroplasty
- Trabecular tantalum implants